Volume of head unit increases too quickly

Participant count
  • Participant list
I recently put an AVH-2400BT in my 2003 Tahoe and I really like it. The only problem is that it gets too loud too quickly. The loudest that I can listen to it at is either 7 or 8. Anything above that and I feel like I'm going to blow my speakers. I've talked to a few people who have said something about adjusting something on the back of the factory module that will affect the overall gain of the system making so that I'll probably be more around a 15-20 rather than a 7. Does anyone know how to adjust something like this?

I recently put an AVH-2400BT in my 2003 Tahoe and I really like it. The only problem is that it gets too loud too quickly. The loudest that I can listen to it at is either 7 or 8. Anything above that and I feel like I'm going to blow my speakers. I've talked to a few people who have said something about adjusting something on the back of the factory module that will affect the overall gain of the system making so that I'll probably be more around a 15-20 rather than a 7. Does anyone know how to adjust something like this?
sounds like your gain on your amp is way too high.

The only thing I know to tell you is to pop the glove box out and take a look...takes about 30 seconds. I bypassed mine altogether with aftermarket HU and amps.

yah, if you are direct tied into the factory amp with speaker wires, you are feeding too high of signal. the factory amp is not too bad to use. i also like the fact that it takes the speakers up to a neutral of 6v, which helps with sq. much like a true class a amp. if you are using an interface module on the speaker outputs of the head, and there is adjustment, then turn it down. also, there is the adjustments in the head. one thing you can do is turn all the levels (not frequency points just volume levels) down and fine tune by turning up what is lower. the factory amp aslo has sub output. i still run the factory head and a loc off the sub wires for signal. not the greatest sq at certain adjustments, but most cannot tell the difference. i would go this route, until you do get your sub amp, then you can bypass the factory amp and tap into the speaker wires. then, you will be able to run the sub rca output from the head to the amp and not be short of bass. btw, the factory amp applies a high-pass to the door speakers, and lets the sub play all the bass. i had to g pick up the wife the other day half-way through swapping out my 1/0 for 2/0 and it was he11 not even having bass come from the mids.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.