Subs in a 95 Camaro Z28.

Nonten03
10+ year member

sapulpa
This weekend i'm getting a 95 Camaro Z28 with t tops and was wondering anyone on here has or know's a good set up for these kind of cars? Right now I have 3 Sundown Audio SA-8v.2 on reserve, but no enclosure or amp decided yet. I just thought i should mention that.

Any help would be much appreciated //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Well you don't have much room to work with in the hatch, but you might squeeze 3 8's in there. They are (camaros) loudest facing up at the rear window of the hatch. Or wall it off behind the headrests, that works too. The loudest I ever had was 2 good 12's sealed on 1500w and it was retarded loud in a camaro. Same setup in an explorer= not so much.

How much are you willing to spend? i bet 2k on those SA-8's would sound pretty nice, you'll probably wannt redo your door speakers and amp them as well. Plus a new radio.

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

The loudest I ever had was 2 good 12's sealed on 1500w and it was retarded loud in a camaro. Same setup in an explorer= not so much.
You don't say...

Yes...

100_0133.jpg

I had a custom box for 2 12s that fit where the ttop rack is. Your system is going to be loud as **** just letting you know now lol.

How much are you willing to spend? i bet 2k on those SA-8's would sound pretty nice, you'll probably wannt redo your door speakers and amp them as well. Plus a new radio. 

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

Thanks for the quick reply! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Probably around 300-500, if I can go cheaper with a amp that's about the same true wattage please let me know and I already have my front speakers picked out, which is Hyrbid Audio imagine serious ( I might go with the Unity serious, so i can go active, I haven't decided yet.), but I have not decided on the amp to power those yet.

Thanks for the quick reply! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Probably around 300-500, if I can go cheaper with a amp that's about the same true wattage please let me know and I already have my front speakers picked out, which is Hyrbid Audio imagine serious ( I might go with the Unity serious, so i can go active, I haven't decided yet.), but I have not decided on the amp to power those yet.
I'd look at an AQ2200 for your subs, i don't know what impedance those SA8's are, but if they wire down close to 1 ohm, this would be a good match.

For your speakers, idk how many you have, but an NX2 or and =7409885&SearchClickout[ignore]=1"]NX4 would probably serve you well.

Well you don't have much room to work with in the hatch, but you might squeeze 3 8's in there. They are (camaros) loudest facing up at the rear window of the hatch. Or wall it off behind the headrests, that works too. The loudest I ever had was 2 good 12's sealed on 1500w and it was retarded loud in a camaro. Same setup in an explorer= not so much.
I'm hoping I can manage to get all 3 in there. Do you know exactly what the dimms are for that trunk?

I'm hoping I can manage to get all 3 in there. Do you know exactly what the dimms are for that trunk?
If you can fit two twelves back there, you can fit 3 8's, you'll need a MAX of 1 cube per sub for a ported box, you need 1.5 - 2 cubes per sub for 12's, so you have plenty of space.

I had the same box in that pic. See if you can get something similar to that built. Also the aq2200 is a nice amp. Have one myself. Thats a big wibdow. Be careful and dont blow it out lol

I am getting ready to do an 18 in my camaro in the next few days, so 3 8s should be fine lol.

Im doing fiberglass and im able to get 7 ft3 before displacement w/o a wall and still have enough room for 2 amps and a kinectic 3800

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.