Need some help picking out a sub and amp setup

Participant count
  • Participant list

Johnny121

CarAudio.com Newbie
So currently I'm looking to put a sub in my 350z, I came across a photo that shows how to make a sub box that fits perfect. It only provides about .64 cubic feet so finding a sub is hard, I found this skar sub (https://www.skaraudio.com/products/svr-8-inch-800-watt-max-power-car-subwoofer) which should be pretty good for the small size. However, I want to wire it up for 4ohms and finding an amp that provides 400rms at 4ohms has been hard. If anyone could help find a cheaper amp that could make this setup work that would be great, otherwise help me find another sub that works for small boxs. Thanks

Attachments

• my box dimensions.jpg
    my box dimensions.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 196
Not a Skar fan but the Sundown E10 would work in .65 cubes sealed. Dayton HO 10 also does well in small boxes.

Why are you trying to wire up to 4 ohms?

The Taramps Bass 1200 2 ohm will do 600 rms at 4 ohms and is very small.

Not a Skar fan but the Sundown E10 would work in .65 cubes sealed. Dayton HO 10 also does well in small boxes.

Why are you trying to wire up to 4 ohms?

The Taramps Bass 1200 2 ohm will do 600 rms at 4 ohms and is very small.

This is my first sub install and from what I researched 4 ohm offers more clarity and easier on the amp, at the sacrifice of loudness. For me this seemed to be the best option because I don't need anything crazy loud, but if 2ohm is better in your opinion I might have to do more research. Also thanks for recommending me some products because I'll i can find on Amazon is skar and kickers.

This is my first sub install and from what I researched 4 ohm offers more clarity and easier on the amp, at the sacrifice of loudness. For me this seemed to be the best option because I don't need anything crazy loud, but if 2ohm is better in your opinion I might have to do more research. Also thanks for recommending me some products because I'll i can find on Amazon is skar and kickers.

You will never hear the difference between 1-4 ohms. I would wire to 1 ohm and keep the gain down over being wired to 4 ohm with alot of gain to try and get enough power. Headroom in amps is always a good thing. I would get a d2 ohm E series subwoofer and a Taramps MD1200 personally.

You will never hear the difference between 1-4 ohms. I would wire to 1 ohm and keep the gain down over being wired to 4 ohm with alot of gain to try and get enough power. Headroom in amps is always a good thing. I would get a d2 ohm E series subwoofer and a Taramps MD1200 personally.

Awesome thanks for the help! Also im curious to know why you don't like skar I usually heard good things about them.

Awesome thanks for the help! Also im curious to know why you don't like skar I usually heard good things about them.

Kevin the owner was once a member on here (Lambo911) and scammed alot of people. Why the nickname "Skam Audio". If you Google Skar Scam you can still find quite a bit on it. They lie about alot of their products specs. Alot of people also give Boss audio great reviews and we all know its straight garbage. :ROFLMAO:

That box is designed for 5/8" mdf. I would definitely glue and brad nail (1-1/4") that box together. I'm not a fan of screws in 5/8" mdf. It might be better to just switch to 3/4" mdf and keep the inside dimensions the same.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.