Help with New build on truck..

Participant count
  • Participant list

mx4lifejac

Texas
Hey guys, my system has been in storage for almost 1 year sense I traded my old truck in for my new 2014 Crew Cab GMC with BOSE audio. I just didn't know if I should install my system on my new truck because I didn't want it to start to rattle all over.

But here I am ready to have it installed.

I have:

2 Digital Designs 9512s Subs

1 Digital Designs M3b amp for Subs

1 Digital Designs C4c for highs

1 giant box that will be discarded

1 Battery

And all the wires needed.

The shop I plan to use (the only one that deals with DD Brand close by) ran by Michael Jones... from what I hear he has won multiple Sound Competitions and his shop is... according to their website "top 100 shops"

They tell me I should get a Bed Cut. But I want to do my research on how to make it better... Or should I just give them my credit card and have them do what ever they do?

I want Sound Quality!! I am also sick of spending money on Car audio... Im truly not into the Car Audio scene.. I just had extra cash and now I just want to get it done and finished and never buy another system for YEARS... BUT I want it DONE RIGHT.

So is a Bed Cut a good Idea? The Plan is to have the box covered In Diamond Plating and Rinno line my entire bed and the box.

The Stock BOSE speakers on the truck **** plus they are not working correctly. I plan on replacing them with DD speakers but I am not sure wich ones I should get. I hear the "audiophile A series" are the best they make. True?

BTW I don't plan on getting an aftermarket stereo sense the Truck has all audio functions built into the touch screen.

Will my amps be enough? I hear that the 9512s can handle one m3b each. True?

Is the C4c amp enough for my highs?

Should I get a equalizer or that other thing everyone mentions... the name eludes me at the moment....oh yea an epicenter...

Should I get the box Ported or not?

Also I read that the box should house one speaker on a bigger space then the other so that each Sub responds to different sound frequencies or some crap like that.

I know I had all these things installed on my old truck. But it was a rush install at a crappy shop. I removed the back seat of my 2006 GMC and just placed the box there. Also had DD door speakers at that time with the C4c amp... But nothing was set up correctly and sounded quite bad to be honest.

I would like to keep my budget under $2000 (bed cut is 800 with out the diamond plating).. But I can stretch it to $3000 if I really need to.

To put subs in your bed youll need to do a blowthrough 4th order. If you dont mind just remove the back seats and make a box right there. Because 2 12s will need roughly 5cubes net and thats a fairly big box. im doing a 4th order blowthrough in my singlecab right now. Thats what your reading abput the subs in different boxes for all the frequencies. Its a ported and sealed box together the sealed section plays the lows and the ported section handles the higher frequencies

An m4a would be better for the subs. The dd components aren't that good. But the German mods and highs are decent but you'll need 2 sets with a processor Ok get a high output alt. prolly 320 hairpin lots of 0 gauge off wire 3 batts. Your electrical will be good

Buying another amp to replace my m3b is out of the question... I just don't want to spend that much on one. I been trying to sell my m3b but no luck so ill keep it. Maybe add another m3b if I could find one for a good price.

3 batteries.... ****....

That 4th Order sounds like a good Idea. How big would the box have to be? I am willing to do a Box in the bed of my truck, the size of a TOOL box.

Removing the back seat wont happen because..... Its too nice and needed.

Well a cut thru. Means cutting a hole in the bed and cab with a pair of 12s you'll nee 3^3 sealed and 6 ported so the box should fit in the area

Wont see me with a blow thru again...EVER.

I want Sound Quality!! I am also sick of spending money on Car audio... Im truly not into the Car Audio scene.. I just had extra cash and now I just want to get it done and finished and never buy another system for YEARS... BUT I want it DONE RIGHT.
Blow thru for sq? You'd be amazed how well you can get sq inside the cab WITH full interior.

Take your truck to another place.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.