Budget cone area build, searching for a 50!

This build is one of them budget builds that everybody likes so much so before I start if you don't like using cheaper products do not look any farther. During this past black Friday Sonic Electronix had a mega sale and my friend called me up and said look at the nvx nsw's there on sale for 50 a piece (usually around 100 dollars regular price). So long story short after much conversation he bought 8 of the 12's for 400 now we are starting this build.

Vehicle: 1996 4dr ford Explorer

subs: 8 NVX NSW12 dual 4's

amps: crossfire vr2000d we are going to run at 1 ohm that he got from my other friend for 300 (benched 2180 at 2ohms at 12 volts) and a Rockford 500.2 for mids and highs.

Mids/highs: NVX N series components in the front and coax in the back.

Wiring: all sky high 0 gauge and 12 gauge speaker wire

Batts: not sure yet whatever comes up

Head unit/Equalizer: Cheap *** Panasonic single din I gave him and a NVX EQ7

Box: Big ***** designed by me screen shot of Torres will be posted

So in just amps and subs he only has 800 in it we figure around 200 for box and supplies. We Should have thus build done by the 1st of the year, hoping for 150's but may need more powa!! lol

Now time for pics. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

w3rp.png

excuse the ****** quality lol

zc1e.jpg

This build is one of them budget builds that everybody likes so much so before I start if you don't like using cheaper products do not look any farther. During this past black Friday Sonic Electronix had a mega sale and my friend called me up and said look at the nvx nsw's there on sale for 50 a piece (usually around 100 dollars regular price). So long story short after much conversation he bought 8 of the 12's for 400 now we are starting this build.Vehicle: 1996 4dr ford Explorer

subs: 8 NVX NSW12 dual 4's

amps: crossfire vr2000d we are going to run at 1 ohm that he got from my other friend for 300 (benched 2180 at 2ohms at 12 volts) and a Rockford 500.2 for mids and highs.

Mids/highs: NVX N series components in the front and coax in the back.

Wiring: all sky high 0 gauge and 12 gauge speaker wire

Batts: not sure yet whatever comes up

Head unit/Equalizer: Cheap *** Panasonic single din I gave him and a NVX EQ7

Box: Big ***** designed by me screen shot of Torres will be posted

So in just amps and subs he only has 800 in it we figure around 200 for box and supplies. We Should have thus build done by the 1st of the year, hoping for 150's but may need more powa!! lol

Now time for pics. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

w3rp.png

excuse the ****** quality lol

zc1e.jpg
Could probably use more port area.. under 12 is pretty low

yeah I know but either sacrifice port area or precious are space idk which is better especially since we don't have that much power to give them.

The amp in all of her glory

lxb0.jpg

Im tuned in, Wanna hear it when its done forsure. Lemmie know when u guys are ready for the batts and Ill call the Yocam guy. I can try to set an appointment with him where u can be there too.

If it doesn't do a 50 with the crossfire I'm sure it will with like a 4k but I won't be terribly disappointed if it doesn't because this is also going to be a street beater more often than a meter vehicle. Thanks lowlacs I will hit you up when we get there.

You didnt really change it up enough to make a difference
lol there is a little more port area. Just trying to do what I can with the space we have to offer. The box build will start on the 16th and finish by the 18th hopefully start putting it in the truck on the 31st.

lol there is a little more port area. Just trying to do what I can with the space we have to offer. The box build will start on the 16th and finish by the 18th hopefully start putting it in the truck on the 31st.
Yea not enough port area or tuning change to matter still are both on the low side ..but try it out

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.