2013 F150 XLT Supercrew Build Ideas

Participant count
  • Participant list

mvrk

Getting ready to purchase my XLT Supercrew 4WD with EcoBoost and will be gutting it the day I bring it home to do my install, if anybody has had any experiences with the equipment I will be using I would really appreciate reviews on it!

Here's what I will be using:

Signal Processing:

Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty to maintain factory head unit

Arc Audio KEQ5

Amplifiers:

RE Audio ZTX800.4 (mids/highs)

RE Audio DTX1600.1 (subwoofer)

Speakers:

RE Audio SR 6.5C Components (front doors)

RE Audio REX 6.5 Coaxials (rear doors, mostly for fill)

Subwoofer & Enclosure:

RE Audio S EXV210D2 in a Fox Acoustics vented enclosure (1.25 cu. ft. airspace tuned to 36 hz)

Accessories

Second Skin sound dampening

12 ga. wire to subwoofer

16 ga. wire to mids/highs

4 ga wire to amplifiers

Scosche adapter plates for mids/highs

I plan to remove the carpet from the rear wall of the truck and mount a carpet matched piece of MDF cut to fit the rear wall where I will mount my amplifiers, crossovers and 3Sixty.

I am going to wire my woofer down to 1-ohm as the DTX1600.1 is class D and 1-ohm stable, this will feed the sub 750 watts RMS.

I am hoping I can mount the KEQ5 inside the center console but if not I will probably mount it between the console and the cup holders if space allows. I want the truck to look as stock as possible inside, but sound like a rock concert. Also, I'm hoping the absence of big DVD screen in the dash will shy away potential thieves which is why I am really hoping I can mount the KEQ5 out of sight.

If anybody has any install tips, advice or reviews(good or bad) on any of the equipment I've listed I would love to hear it!

Have a great weekend fellas.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.